When you think about the Founding Fathers, you probably imagine passionate and courageous men of noble character. The writers of the Federalist Papers, James Madison, John Jay, and Alexander Hamilton, desired all public officials in America to fit this description.
Fast forward 237 years. The Founder’s would be absolutely disgusted with todays modern leaders. Why?
Here are a few examples:
- John Edwards- While his faithful wife was battling cancer, this former Democratic Presidential hopeful was cheating on his wife, fathering a child with his mistress, and committing campaign fraud.
- Bill Clinton- No description needed.
- Anthony Weiner– After resigning as a New York Senator due to his 2011 Twitter sexting scandal, Weiner was supposedly living a reformed life with wife and child. Yet, in the midst of his attempt to run for Mayor of New York, it was revealed a few months ago that Weiner’s questionable online relationships continued well after he resigned.
- Bob Filner– Only 9 months after becoming Mayor of San Diego, California, Filner announced his resignation after monstrous uproar over 17 women accusing him of sexual harassment… which he still denied in his resignation speech.
- Barack Obama– “Mr. President? Clinton called. He’s sending over the ‘King of Scandals’ pronto.”