This is not your average post here on Red Millennial, but it is totally necessary. If you’re a young Conservative surviving in the abyss that is liberal post-secondary academia (a.k.a college), you need these things to survive. Seriously.
- A Reagan poster. Thanks to the awesome organization that is YAF (Young America’s Foundation), Reagan posters are one of the most abundant materials every College Republicans chapter has. I mean, who doesn’t want to see one of the best President’s this country has seen, riding a horse when they wake up?
- An elephant sticker on your laptop. Just do it, you won’t regret it. My sticker has earned me a few * side eyes * and what have you, but when someone says, “I like your sticker,” you no longer feel alone in ideological thought. It’s an awesome feeling. Plus, your professors will know who not to start a debate with in class.
- Toby Keith in your iTunes/Spotify library. I am not much of a country music listener, but there is something about Toby Keith saying that we will “put a boot in your ass” to terrorists that appeals to me. #Murica.
- A Conservative book collection. Reading; it’s that one thing college students everywhere try to avoid doing. However, books penned by fellow Conservatives tend to be not only intellectual in thought, but also factual. From Katie Pavlich’s latest, “Assault and Flattery: The Truth About the Left and Their War on Women” to any of Ann Coulter’s books, to Greg Gutfeld’s “Not Cool: The Hipster Elite and Their War on You,” these are must-haves for your bookshelf. Plus, I mean, having books on a bookshelf period makes you look smart… and would make for an awesome Insta.
- For those graduating, this shirt. ‘Nuff said.
- OLD GLORY, DUH! As Conservatives, we love our country very much. There is no reason for you not to have any American flag-printed products, from infinity scarves, to phone cases, to shirts and shorts. Bonus points if you have an American flag hanging in your dorm room. Shows your pride for our great nation, and also makes a great backdrop for your next profile picture.
If you don’t own any of these, that doesn’t make you less of a Conservative, but you know after reading this article, you are gonna hop on Amazon and order most of this stuff. Thank you Prime!Follow Vanessa on Twitter: @VanessaSalman